Amy and I recently did the Dr. Oz 3 day detox cleanse. Amy had mentioned to me that she would like to do it and I piped up and said “I’m in!” We both had different reasons for doing it but both of us wanted to do a cleanse. We both want to be healthier and felt this was a good thing to try.
About the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse
The cleanse consists of drinking juices and smoothies, probiotics, taking multi-vitamins and a Epsom salt bath. When you go online and look up the Dr. Oz 3 day detox cleanse you will get mixed reviews but all in all they are pretty positive. People will let you know some of the drinks are pretty tough to put down and they are. Three days though most anyone can handle. Amy and I were like most people who liked the breakfast drink the best and for me it has led to the addition of a ongoing breakfast shake after my workout. The lunch drink gets the worst wrap but I liked it better than the dinner one. Amy agreed with most that the lunch one was the worst. As I said though you really can put up with it for three days.
How Will you Feel on the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse
Everyone is going to take this cleanse differently and feel differently. I will share a little bit about how Amy and I handled it. Amy struggled the most with wanting to chew. She wanted some crunchy stuff to eat. I believe more than anything she missed the chewing. She was hungry but not overwhelming so and had a couple headaches but really she did okay. By day three she was feeling good.
I on the other hand had a rough couple of days to start with. I am a big coffee drinker so to go cold turkey for three days gave me some bad headaches. The first day was the worst and put me in bed. Remember though it is good for you to get the chemicals out of the body. Day two the headache was still there but almost gone. The first two days I also felt hungry at times but all the drinking kept me going. Like Amy by day three I was feeling great. I think I could have kept it up for a few more days without a problem.
The bottom line is that depending on how healthy you normally eat will probably determine how awful you feel over the three days. You may have natural cravings that get heightened but remember it is only 3 days. You can do it and you will be glad you did.
Some Tips for the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse
- When you mix the dinner drink you add cayenne pepper. If you don’t like spicy tough this will be tough. My suggestion would be to take about 4 ounces and add the cayenne pepper to it and stir it could. Then just down it then you can enjoy the rest of the drink cayenne free!
- Feel free to keep your exercise routine up. Amy and I both maintained the energy and strength we needed each day despite exercising. Amy even exercised twice a couple of days.
- Don’t get to excited about the weight loss. Once you start eating a couple pounds may come back. Just be happy that you have treated your body well. Amy lost 5 pounds and I lost 8. I gained 4 back once I started eating. Amy actually lost a pound the day we started eating. I believe the average that people lose is about 4 pounds. Honestly it is a nice side benefit.
- Spread your four drinks out so that the last one you are drinking at 7 or 8. This will help you prevent the evening munchies that we all have to fight. Amy and I did this and it worked out great.
- Only stay in the Epsom salt bath for about ten minutes. Some say that if you stay in to long that you may reabsorb the toxins back into your body.
I would recommend all of you to try this. It really isn’t too bad and you will feel a lot better once it is all done. Also the cost per day isn’t too bad for the things you have to purchase. I honestly think that I could do it every few months just to keep myself balanced. Amy and I had a lot of fun doing. I would do it again with Amy just for the shared experience. She really is my best friend and doing this together made it all the better.
Keep sharing your results. I love to hear how this goes for others!
Your Turn: What questions about the Dr. Oz 3 day detox cleanse?